2011-02-16 13:45:32 GMT
I came up with an algorithm that could be implemented by any CMS on the API level and it could dramatically reduce the load times of sites and relieve web servers significantly.
- Expose a dedicated API on the CMS level for plugins such as add_cached_css() / add_cached_js() .
- Execute the following points upon every page load:
- If the modification time of any file has been changed since the last page load or any new file has been added then go on, otherwise abort.
- Save the md5sums for the CMS to be able to reference the generated files from the main page.
A couple of things to note:
- This algorithm could be implemented by any CMS so that any plugins could use it with no effort.
Let me know what you think.