UC: Administrative Status Report
2006-04-28 21:57:52 GMT
In the past few weeks I've made a couple of administrative changes to leverage the existing service infrastructure of the Free Software Universe and transition to the most recent tools available. Here's what I could make happen:
- SourceForge SVN transition: The CVS repository got imported to the new SVN service of SourceForge. It works very smoothly regarding both service availability and performance. CVS had availability problems in the recent past, so I really admire this aspect of the service. SVN is clearly an evolutionary step after CVS. It's interesting how similar their CLI is and how different they are under the hood. I backup the repository to my box in every hour using rsync through cron.
- FreeNode IRC registration request: I've requested a dedicated IRC channel on freenode.net. The admins haven't replied yet, which is not a suprise, but I'm already using the #uc channel anyway, even if it's not official and dedicated yet.
- CIA registration: CIA is a fascinating service. The CIA bot is already sitting on #uc.
- Gmane registration: Gmane kindly provides alternative interfaces to the lists.
- Freshmeat registration: Because UC should have presence everywhere. ;-)